× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access routerlogin.net/routerlogin.com or default IP

cc217
Guide

Can't access routerlogin.net/routerlogin.com or default IP

Hello, I want to check the setting of my router but I can't access the login page.
I tried http://routerlogin.com/, http://routerlogin.net, 192.168.1.1(checked it's the default gateway by ipconfig) on Chrome. All saying "This site can’t be reached".

I have a mobile phone only using the same wifi network, when I try to connect routerlogin.net, same result. When I try routerlogin.com, it can display Netgear website but saying I am not connected to my Router's Wifi network. This is strange as my phone is using the same wifi network only. Mobile data is switched off.

Can anyone please tell me what can I do?
Thank you!

Model: R6250|Smart WiFi Router (AC1600)
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
cc217
Guide

I don't use Kspersky but I got a solution from Netgear by email. I haven't tried it yet but I'd like to share it in here:

your router maybe probably set into AP mode. It would be best to reset it and start from beginning. To do this, please follow the steps:

1. Unplug the NETGEAR router from the modem or wall.

2. Once unplugged, please use a paper clip and press and hold the router's reset button for 20 seconds. Make sure that the power LED will flash when you do this.

3. Release the reset button and wait for the router to properly restart(power LED green).

4. Connect a computer wired to the NETGEAR router. Make sure your PC is not connected to any Wi-Fi networks. Once connected, open a browser and check if the Genie page appears. IF not, go to www.routerlogin.com.

5. If you see the Genie page and the question, do you want NETGEAR genie to help? Please connect the router back to the wall or modem first before clicking yes.

6. Now if you see a question to help you choose or Let you choose, please select Let you choose.

7. In the next page, please select router mode.

8. If you are questioned if you know how to turn off the Wi-Fi of your modem router(gateway), please select no and go to the next page.

9. Please continue with the rest of the installation process.

10. Once everything is setup and you can now access the Internet, please go to www.routerlogin.com and check if you can now access the page.

I will come back and report after I have done the above. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11

All Replies

Message 2 of 11
cc217
Guide

I don't use Kspersky but I got a solution from Netgear by email. I haven't tried it yet but I'd like to share it in here:

your router maybe probably set into AP mode. It would be best to reset it and start from beginning. To do this, please follow the steps:

1. Unplug the NETGEAR router from the modem or wall.

2. Once unplugged, please use a paper clip and press and hold the router's reset button for 20 seconds. Make sure that the power LED will flash when you do this.

3. Release the reset button and wait for the router to properly restart(power LED green).

4. Connect a computer wired to the NETGEAR router. Make sure your PC is not connected to any Wi-Fi networks. Once connected, open a browser and check if the Genie page appears. IF not, go to www.routerlogin.com.

5. If you see the Genie page and the question, do you want NETGEAR genie to help? Please connect the router back to the wall or modem first before clicking yes.

6. Now if you see a question to help you choose or Let you choose, please select Let you choose.

7. In the next page, please select router mode.

8. If you are questioned if you know how to turn off the Wi-Fi of your modem router(gateway), please select no and go to the next page.

9. Please continue with the rest of the installation process.

10. Once everything is setup and you can now access the Internet, please go to www.routerlogin.com and check if you can now access the page.

I will come back and report after I have done the above. Thanks!

Message 3 of 11
cc217
Guide

Checked the suggestion by Netgear. All good now. Problem sloved.

Message 4 of 11

Excellent. Great feedback.

Another one to add to the answers when people raise the "Can't access routerlogin.net" issue.

Pity that it hits people in the first place. Netgear knows about these issues, so why can't it devise solutions that remove them in the first place?

I wonder if there is a link to the KnowledgeBase with the information that you got by email. That could have saved you some grief.

Message 5 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Not that it matters now but, in the manual page 98~99 is wrong regarding routerlogin.net

At the end of the AP Mode setup it says IP will change and to use routerlogin.net  which doesn't work in AP Mode

Message 6 of 11
cc217
Guide

Yes they should put it in the Knowledge base if they haven't.

Message 7 of 11
cc217
Guide

Yes they should put it in the Knowledge base if they haven't.

Message 8 of 11
Booh1951
Aspirant

Message 9 of 11
Syed1234
Aspirant

I can't login in router setting
Message 10 of 11

What have you tried?

Did you check the rest of this conversation?

Have found this?

If you cannot login to your router | Answer | NETGEAR Support

By the way, you have joined in on an older discussion so there's a chance that the official support team will be too busy following new stuff to read your message. It is usually better to start your own fresh discussion if you want their attention.

Oh, and it helps to tell us what your hardware is. You may have given the forum this information, but it has not passed it on to the rest of us.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7