• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Can't find Mac OS agent for Readyshare cloud setup

I'm trying to set up Readyshare cloud so I can use my external hard drive (WD Passport for Mac) wirelessly by plugging it into my router's USB port. When I log into readyshare.netgear.com, I'm seeing a message that says:

"Please go to http://www.netgear.com/readyshare page
to download the Mac OS agent, and use it to access
ReadySHARE Cloud."

When I go to netgear.com/readyshare, however, I don't see a link to download the Mac OS agent. I see other links (such as one for Windows, one for Nighthawk, and one for Readyshare printing), but not the one I think I need to get Readyshare cloud up and running on my Mac.

Does anyone know where I can find the link to download, or can they post it? I'm using a Macbook running OSX Yosemite. Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Can't find Mac OS agent for Readyshare cloud setup

ReadyCloud is only available in R7000. If you have WNDR4300 then it is not yet supported. Check the link http://netgear.com/readyshare.

* ReadyCLOUD is currently only available on NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks minions. I feel like there's a distinction between ReadyCloud (only available in R7000/Nighthawk routers) and ReadyShare (available on WNDR 4300, and others). The former allows you to access files in the cloud, from multiple devices, wherever you are. The latter, I thought, lets you back up and access files wirelessly to a hard drive connected to the router while on your home network. To do so apparently requires a Mac OS agent, but there's no obvious link to download.

I tried asking customer support, but I'm well past the 90 days that they actually provide support for. To get an answer out of them, I need to pay $40 for premium support. To send me a link. To be able to get full use out of a product that I paid for. Anyway, for $40 I'd rather just go out and by a brand new router (from another company), unless someone here happens to know where I can find the link! Thanks!
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Readyshare cloud has been removed and replaced with ReadyCloud which currently only works with R7000.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks for clarifying minions, much appreciated!
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Virtuoso

You're welcome. Glad to be able to assist.
Message 6 of 6