× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't login to 192.168.1.1 (routerlogin.net) due to privacy error [Orbi RBR20 Router]

legends784
Follower

Can't login to 192.168.1.1 (routerlogin.net) due to privacy error [Orbi RBR20 Router]

Hello, I am trying to login to my router and have been completely unsuccessful. 

orbilogin.net, routerlogin.net, and my default gateway 192.168.1.1 all bring me to a page with a login dialog to enter the username and password: "admin" and "password" respectively, but entering them into their feilds and clicking "log in" does absolutely nothing. The box to enter credentials says "your connection to this site is not private" and there is no way to remove it. 

THERE IS NO WAY TO "IGNORE" THIS MESSAGE SO PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST THAT WITHOUT EXPLICIT INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW EXACTLY YOU INTEND TO DO THAT.

I have scoured these forums for over an hour and have seen this same issue pop up a dozen times and no one ever has an answer of how to actually fix it. The response is always "Just ignore the warning 4head". 

I've attached a picture of what the page looks like to showcase what I am talking about. Attempting to sign in just results in the oage refreshing itself and nothing more. Clicking cancel results in a 401 Unauthorized error page.

Message 1 of 2
antinode
Guru

Re: Can't login to 192.168.1.1 (routerlogin.net) due to privacy error [Orbi RBR20 Router]

> THERE IS NO WAY TO "IGNORE" THIS MESSAGE [...]

If that message is actually what's stopping you from making progress,
then I'd suggest using a web browser where there is a way.

If, on the other hand, you're not getting anyplace because you're
repeatedly putting in a bad password, then you might try a settings
reset, and manual reconfiguration, to set the password back to
"password".  (Which, with modern firmware, I'd expect you to be forced
to change immediately.)

> [...] Attempting to sign in just results in the oage refreshing itself
> and nothing more. [...]

How many times did you try the same password?  More than three?

> [...] Clicking cancel results in a 401 Unauthorized error page.

No password is definitely a bad password, so that's not amazing.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7