• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Cannot connect asus Internet radio to Internet radio

Guys, just bought this router, whilst I can connect all my iPads, etc to the wifi network, I cannot for the life of me connect my trusty asus air Internet radio..previous to this router I had no problem streaming all my favourite channels, but as soon as I hooked this router up it doesn't want to work in either wired or wireless mode.
In wireless mode, it can see the routers ssid but won't connect to it..similar goes for wired mode..
I'm literally pulling my hair out with this one..can anyone shed some light on this..as u said, all other old devices can connect no problem
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Cannot connect asus Internet radio to Internet radio

1. R6300 is 802.11ac so if you setup too hight some of device will not connect. Wireless mode needs to lowered (Mbps)

2. With ethernet, "similar" don't exist because you have one less to worried. Wireless encryption and connectivity unless you are not getting IP or getting IP but can not stream.

3. I'm not sure what does the streaming are using for port to the server you are streaming but you may need to find out. Router has uPnP enable at default so requested ports should open and by login the router look at uPnP table if anything is showing. If not Port Forwarding maybe need but you need to find out from Asus.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

1) what should I lower it down to?

2) what I meant was, I was unable to connect hard wired via Ethernet cable also

3) this makes no sense to me as I'm a noob..could you perhaps explain this and perhaps give some suggestions on how to fix this?
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Virtuoso

1. login the router , change wireless settings

2. Still not clear. getting iP from the router but can not stream?

3. Suggested. "If not Port Forwarding maybe need but you need to find out from Asus." Call Asus if there is specific ports.

Go to portforward.com (free site). May not listed this model but will give you education on HOW TO use port forwarding
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Cannot connect asus Internet radio to Internet radio.....

jmizoguchi wrote:

1. login the router , change wireless settings

I did this, doesn't work, even tried dropping it down to 54mbps

2. Still not clear. getting iP from the router but can not stream?

How do I check if I'm getting an ip?login to the router?

3. Suggested. "If not Port Forwarding maybe need but you need to find out from Asus." Call Asus if there is specific ports.

This problem is also happening across other wifi devices..can see ssid but refuses to connect..
I've read that the genie could be at fault..how do I turn it off? It's worth a try

Go to portforward.com (free site). May not listed this model but will give you education on HOW TO use port forwarding

So frustrating
Message 5 of 5