Re: Cannot connect to 3700 in 1Gbps

Nightcast
Aspirant

Cannot connect to 3700 in 1Gbps

So to start off all of this started after a power surge.
My computers were all connected to my Wndr3700 by Cat6 and everything was working fine till yesterday. I noticed it after my computer restated and was connected at only 10Mbps. I could force it into 100Mbps/full but thats it. I've tried multiple computers and different Cat5e and Cat6 cables on all 4 ports but nothing will connect at 1000Mbps. Is there anything I can do besides buy a new router?
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Sounds like you got damaged unit
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 8
sabretooth
Apprentice

Nightcast wrote:
So to start off all of this started after a power surge.
My computers were all connected to my Wndr3700 by Cat6 and everything was working fine till yesterday. I noticed it after my computer restated and was connected at only 10Mbps. I could force it into 100Mbps/full but thats it. I've tried multiple computers and different Cat5e and Cat6 cables on all 4 ports but nothing will connect at 1000Mbps. Is there anything I can do besides buy a new router?

Always hard reset the router and reconfigure it.
Message 3 of 8
n3rv
Aspirant

try to flash the firmware and hard reset after
Message 4 of 8
Nightcast
Aspirant

I've already tried to hard reset it and I've always flashed the firmware. I guess I'll just have to buy a new one.
Message 5 of 8
x509
Aspirant

Nightcast wrote:
I've already tried to hard reset it and I've always flashed the firmware. I guess I'll just have to buy a new one.

Are you SURE that your computers, or at least the E-net ports, were not damaged?
Home LAN includes 2 Win 7 desktops, 2 Win 7 laptops, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 "smart" TV. ISP is Comcast.
Message 6 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

x509 wrote:
Are you SURE that your computers, or at least the E-net ports, were not damaged?

I've tried multiple computers and different Cat5e and Cat6 cables on all 4 ports but nothing will connect at 1000Mbps.

sounded like it was more of bad unit ... Smiley Happy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 7 of 8
jlewter
Guide

Strange that it would work at 100 when forced. Each port should have it's own Opto-Isolation chip, and the 4 ports then combine to go to one single chip... So if it's failing to connect at 100 then I'd hazzard a guess that the chip or it's supporting hardware is damaged.

Have you checked your power supply?...
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements