× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot connect to remote desktop!

Highflyer5
Aspirant

Cannot connect to remote desktop!

I have a new R6400 router and cannot connect to my work computer through Microsoft remote desktop when I am connected to this router. When I click to connect it searches and says it cannot find the computer (error code: 0x104). When I log onto my cell phone network or any other Wi-Fi I have no issues connecting. Is there something I need to change on my new router to allow me to connect to my work computer through remote desktop? I have a basic background in computing and networking so beyond plug and play and basic setup im not sure what to do. Thanks.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Cannot connect to remote desktop!

Hi @Highflyer5,

Please try port forwarding port 3389. You can check the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24046

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Explain more - direct Remote Desktop Access from the Internet form the mobile phone? While technically possible, this reads a little bit strange to me... No VPN or the like in the play?

Message 2 of 5
Highflyer5
Aspirant

I use Microsoft's remote desktop from my cell phone, to connect to a computer at work. When I am connected to this new router via Wi-Fi, remote desktop says it cannot find my work computer. If I dissconect from this new router and try any other Wi-Fi or my Verizon 4g cell phone network, remote desktop is able to find my work computer and connect. Sorry I do not know what a VPN is.
Message 3 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Highflyer5,

Please try port forwarding port 3389. You can check the link below for the steps.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24046

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Highflyer5,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7