× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot wireless connect to router to change settings since FM update

WnKB
Aspirant

Cannot wireless connect to router to change settings since FM update

Since the last firmware update on my R6220 router I have not been able to login to the router to change its settings from any wireless connected device. I have tried both the 2.5 and 5 GHz nonGuest SSIDs. I have to plug a cable into the router to access the router's settings. Computers connected via a cable cannot see computers or devices connected wirelessly and vice versa. For example, my desktop connected with a cable to the router cannot see the wireless printer but if I disconnect the cable and turn on the desktops wifi and connect to the router it sees the printer. Wireless and wired computers cannot see each other to connect to a HomeGroup.

As a temporary fix I am using the desktops wifi abilities to connect to the router and only connecting a cable if I need to access the router's settings or to check for firmware updates. These issues only started with the last update.

Has anyone else had this issue or know a solution?

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
WnKB
Aspirant

Not sure what was wrong but I got it working. I downloaded the previous version of the firmware and installed it. Reloaded my settings. Then reinstalled the latest version of the firmware and everything is working okay now.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
WnKB
Aspirant

Not sure what was wrong but I got it working. I downloaded the previous version of the firmware and installed it. Reloaded my settings. Then reinstalled the latest version of the firmware and everything is working okay now.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7