× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cant connect to ip on network (RBR850)

CHEESYnachoMAN
Aspirant

Cant connect to ip on network (RBR850)

I have a helium miner (bobcat 300) and it has a diagnostic tool that I can connect to if I enter the ip address. I tried through wifi and even through ethernet on the sattelite and main router. But I cant connect to the diagnostic tool at all. I set a reserve for the ip not to change and checked multiple times that the ip address of the device correct and it is. Been trying to connect to it for a while but it doesnt connect at all.

I followed the guide on bobcats website and watched youtube videos on how to conenct to it and im not doing anything wrong. Its seems that my router is for some reason not letting me connect to the ip. My router is connected directly to the verizon modem and not connected through another router. I also pinged the device through cmd on my pc and it was able to ping the device.

Message 1 of 4

Re: Cant connect to ip on network (RBR850)

@CHEESYnachoMAN wrote:

My router is connected directly to the verizon modem and not connected through another router. 

What is that modem? Make and model?

@CHEESYnachoMAN wrote:

But I cant connect to the diagnostic tool at all.

What happens when you try? Any error messages of some sort? I fear that " cant connect" could mean many things.

The router just does what a router does. You need to ask the people who made this "bobcat 300", whatever that is, for any subtle settings that you need to make.

Message 2 of 4
CHEESYnachoMAN
Aspirant

It is the verizon ONT thats connected directly to the router not sure if that technically considered a modem. I believe the exact model is a "Nokia 211 desktop ONT" which was provided by Verizon. 

When I try to connect to the ip it says "refused to connect".

Message 3 of 4

@CHEESYnachoMAN wrote:

It is the verizon ONT thats connected directly to the router not sure if that technically considered a modem.

Most ONTs are simply a connection to the lotpical network. No routers involved. As you say, not technically considered a modem

I asked because you called it a "modem". That could be anything, usually DSL or cable.

@CHEESYnachoMAN wrote:

When I try to connect to the ip it says "refused to connect".

Connect what to the IP? What IP?

What are you doing? Trying to connect a wired device to a network. Trying to make a wifi connection?

There are thousands of devices that you can connect to a network. People here may be familiar with many, but new ones come along from time to time. To get help with those, we need to know what you are doing and where it goes wrong. Bald "can't connect" and "doesn't work" statements don't help much.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7