× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changing a wifi signal

Leeobee
Follower

Changing a wifi signal

I am using a Netgear R6400

Pretty simple, I have a cable box in my house that has wifi. Lets call that Wifi "HOUSE". Then I ran a cat6 out to the back, which is an office, Let's call that  WiFi "OFFICE".  So same network in house as the office. Easier being on the same NETWORK, for internet, Shared Drives, & Surveillance gear.

I put the netgear R6400 in my office and that puts me on two differnet networks.

Can I make the R6400 the same network as the Cable companies WiFi modem in the house. This way, If I'm in the house or the back office I will still be connected to the same network.

Can this be done??

If NOT, is their a WiFi Router that Netgear makes, or is there something I can do???

Thank you

Model: WN203|ProSafe Wireless-N Access Point
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Changing a wifi signal

Hi @Leeobee,

You can setup the router in AP mode. You can check page 128 of the user manual linked below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6400/R6400_UM_07Aug2015.pdf?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Leeobee,

You can setup the router in AP mode. You can check page 128 of the user manual linked below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6400/R6400_UM_07Aug2015.pdf?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Leeobee,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7