• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

Chromcast (and other devices) fall out.

When I list all devices connected to the router, the list is not correct. It only lists about 5-6 devices of maybe 20 in total. After a reboot of the router, everything works great and the list is complete. But after (maybe) 2-3 days the devices will disappear, or at least many of them.

The devices are actually connected to the Internet, but the router "can't find them". In practical we only have one problem with this; The chromecast symbol disappears from Netflix, chrometab etc (meaning my phone/PC can't communicate with the chromecast device). After a reboot of the router it works great again....at least for a few days :mad:

Anyone?
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Chromcast (and other devices) fall out.

I'm having a similar issue. I set the Chromecast up and it worked for that same day. I tried it again a week later and it vanished. I tried setting it up again from different clients and nothing works. I also reset the Chromecast dongle too. I just changed my UPnP settings in my router WNDR3800 to double to default values, Advertisement Period to 60 min and Advertisement Time to Live to 8 hops. I also unchecked the Disable IGMP Proxying field just in case it was blocking multicast traffic from the device. Time to reset it and see if I can connect again
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

As stated above I made the router config changes which reset the router. I also reset the Chromecast. I set it up using the Chromecast app on my iPhone with a successful result. I then used an iMac to broadcast a Chrome tab to the Chromecast unit with successful results. If it stays connected to the network only time will tell.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Any luck?? I am curious since I would love to have a solution to this problem.
Message 4 of 4