× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Computer #3 does not connect with this router. Computers 1 and 2 are connected fine

wjs2017
Follower

Computer #3 does not connect with this router. Computers 1 and 2 are connected fine

Dear Sir of Madam:

I have two computers (Computer 1 and 2)  that are interfacing OK with this router. Computer #3 does not want to connect with this router. When trying to access the internet from Computer 3 the error message says "router requirements are not consistent with what is stored in this computer". In computers 1 and 2 I am using the following Properties: Security: WPA2-Personal, Encryption: AES.

Does anyone have a word of advice to resolve this problem? I am using Windows 7 in all three computers

Thank you

WJS

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Computer #3 does not connect with this router. Computers 1 and 2 are connected fine

Hi @wjs2017,

You can try removing the saved network profile from the computer (assuming it is connecting via WiFi) and reconnect then enter the correct WiFi password. Check the link below for the steps.

https://kb.netgear.com/20055/

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Computer #3 does not connect with this router. Computers 1 and 2 are connected fine

Hi @wjs2017,

You can try removing the saved network profile from the computer (assuming it is connecting via WiFi) and reconnect then enter the correct WiFi password. Check the link below for the steps.

https://kb.netgear.com/20055/

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @wjs2017,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7