Configuration Issue

sharmamukul543
Aspirant

Configuration Issue

I have an exisitng router in my office. However, I bought this new router called R6330 Wifi Router. I am looking to replace the existing one to this new router.

I have this Router R6300 AC wifi router, that comes with a yellow ethernet cable. My question, How do I connect the router to my laptop to access routerlogin.net page. I plugged the yellow ethernet cable into the yellow spot behind the router and the other end of the yellow cable to the existing router that is already working, also one ethernet cable into the new router and one to my laptop but still not able to  connect. It just shows "identifying" in the network and sharing option. May be I am doing something wrong. Please help. I am confused.

Model: R6300|Dual Band 11ac WiFi Router R6300
Message 1 of 7

Re: Configuration Issue

@sharmamukul543 wrote:

I have an exisitng router in my office. However, I bought this new router called R6330 Wifi Router. I am looking to replace the existing one to this new router.

The best way to replace one router with another is to do just that. Remove the old one and put in the new one.

Do not try to put the two on to the network at the same time. That can cause chaos.

There is a manual for R6300v1 device somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> R6300v1 | WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support <<<<

The R6300v2 is here:

>>> R6300v2 | Product | Support <<<

Look at the label on the device to see which you have. It will be V1 if it doesn't say anything.

Just go through the steps described in the Installation Guide.

It is important to do things in the correct order.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 7
sharmamukul543
Aspirant

I followed the manual word by word. After cabling everything, my laptop was still not able to connect to the internet. On the bottom right of my laptop, it was showing "identifying" message on the network panel.

This is how I went thru my cabling process, let me know if did something wrong:

1. I unplugged the exisiting router

2. I plugged the new router.

3. I hooked up the yellow ethernet cable in the yellow spot behing the router and its other end to the switch.

4. I plugged the ethernet cable in the LAN port of the new router then its other end to my laptop.

Still I was not able to connect to the router or go onto the routerlogin.net page. Let me know. Thanks.

Message 3 of 7

@sharmamukul543 wrote:

On the bottom right of my laptop, it was showing "identifying" message on the network panel.

That looks like a Windows message. It may well not be related to the router.

My first guess is that you need to tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

Hard to tell without more information 

For example:

3. I hooked up the yellow ethernet cable in the yellow spot behing the router and its other end to the switch.

What is this "switch"? Is it the modem between the router and the Internet? If so, it might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Your account is also short on some details. For example, I did say that it is important to do things in the right order. That is especially true for how you switch stuff on.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 7
sharmamukul543
Aspirant

The switch is where the ethernet cable is connected from to my existing router not the new one.

Message 5 of 7
sharmamukul543
Aspirant

What is this "switch"? Is it the modem between the router and the Internet? If so, it might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

Your account is also short on some details. For example, I did say that it is important to do things in the right order. That is especially true for how you switch stuff on.

Yes,there are LAN ports on the back of the router.

My hardware Modem/routers: DM200, R7800, Orbi RBK30 Powerline: PL1000, XWN5001, XAVB5101, XWNB5201, XAVB5421 WiFi: WNDA3100 Switch: GS316-100UKS

Message 6 of 7

@sharmamukul543 wrote:

The switch is where the ethernet cable is connected from to my existing router not the new one.

That does not help much.

As I understand it, you have a cable plugged into this "switch".

You left the cable plugged into the switch but removed it from the old router and plugged it into the new router.

The old router should be nowhere near your network. Turn it off and disconnect everything from it.

That's what you should do.

But, I repeat, WHAT IS THIS SWITCH?

To get to the Internet you need to run a cable fro the Internet socket on the R6300v2 into something that connects you to whatever delivers the Internet from  the outside world. For most people this is a modem. But some people have a "termination" that goes out to an optical network or to a satellite received. What sort if Internet do you have?

A "switch" could be anything. In network terms an Ethernet switch is actually a "splitter" that lets you wired a stack of different devices to one router.

Just another user.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E