× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connect LG Smart TV to router

dhweho
Follower

Connect LG Smart TV to router

My LG Smart TV used to connect to the internet and my streaming channels, presumably via my nighthawk router. Now it doesn't show on my router's list of devices and doesn't connect to my streaming services. Do I need to set up a WPS-PIN? If so, how do I do that?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Connect LG Smart TV to router

@dhweho wrote:

My LG Smart TV used to connect to the internet and my streaming channels, presumably via my nighthawk router.

Only you know how the TV connected to the Internet. It will either be wireless or wired. Which was it?

In general, the way to get a "smart" TV to play nice is to use its setup and configuration controls. There's not much that you can do on the router. It just puffs out wifi. It is then up to the TV to do the connecting.

You don't say what this TV is, so  no one can do more than tell you to dig out its manual and follow the instructions.

@dhweho wrote:

Do I need to set up a WPS-PIN? If so, how do I do that?

If that's what the TV tells you to do.

Not knowing what Netgear device you have, again we can't tell you how to go about that.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

and feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Then there is this:

how to connect lg smart tv with wifi - Google Search

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7