Re: Connecting Xbox 360 to WNDR4000

Jolis
Aspirant

Connecting Xbox 360 to WNDR4000

Hello for those that are trying to help, and to those that may have the same problem. Before I begin, I am going to put up of what I have for my network.
    : When I pressed apply, amessage popped up and it said "The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP address." I tried putting a different IP Address (in the LAN TCP/IP Setup part), but that message always came up. I wasn't sure what the WAN IP subnet was, and is, so I was stumped with that part. This could be the problem.)
Message 1 of 3
Jolis
Aspirant

Well, I took my modem out of bridge mode, hooked up the ethernet cable from the Xbox directly to the modem, and it connected. I then disconnected the cable and attatched the router to the modem and the Xbox to the router and it connected. The modem is out of bridge mode right now. I am not sure if that mattered or not or if it was the cause the of the problem (although I don't think that it was).
Message 2 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

"The IP address conflicts with the WAN IP subnet. Please enter a different IP address." I tried putting a different IP Address (in the LAN TCP/IP Setup part), but that message always came up. I wasn't sure what the WAN IP subnet was, and is, so I was stumped with that part. This could be the problem.)

sounds like you have IP issues on WAN / LAN.

if DSL is in bridge mode and authentication is done on 4000 then it should have public IP on WAN and LAN should have private IP.

router usually will stop from conflicting between WAN/LAN and it will uses 10. IP if that happens.

you need to find out WAN IP is and if the same as LAN subnet then one issues is there.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation