× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection limit on laptop but mobile device connection ok

bryan441
Guide

Connection limit on laptop but mobile device connection ok

Hello everyone!! I hope you are fine.
I have a critical problem my wifi connection showing limit on my windows 8, hp laptop but at the same time i can browse with mobile device. And unable to browse my site also with facebook, gmail.

I've tried everything i can, like uninstalled and installed drivers, update wifi driver, unstalled and reinstalled google chrome, Clear browsing data by selecting all, On-Off antivirus, Firwall checkup, close unwanted apps from task manager, uninstalled unwanted software. As i asked for in this picture "LAN setting of internet properties" is hide unable to select.

For your reffrence i attached a picture of that. Please check and let me know whats the problem is and how may i solve this?
Please help...

Capture.JPG

Model: WNR612v2|Wireless N 150 router|EOL
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

1. What modem are you using? 

2. Is that really your router? the WNR612v2 you put in the bottom? 

3. have you tried resetting and reinstall the WNR612v2? or even re-installing the firmware to the router? maybe it isn't a device issue. And that device is 10 years old. maybe the firmware was corrupted at some point. 

it might also be time for an upgrade. The WNR612v2 was made in 2010 and was below base model when it came out. Its a single band n150 device with only 2x 10/100mbps ports. Unless you're on pretty slow dsl or dialup, an upgrade wouldn't be a bad idea. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. What modem are you using? 

2. Is that really your router? the WNR612v2 you put in the bottom? 

3. have you tried resetting and reinstall the WNR612v2? or even re-installing the firmware to the router? maybe it isn't a device issue. And that device is 10 years old. maybe the firmware was corrupted at some point. 

it might also be time for an upgrade. The WNR612v2 was made in 2010 and was below base model when it came out. Its a single band n150 device with only 2x 10/100mbps ports. Unless you're on pretty slow dsl or dialup, an upgrade wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Message 2 of 3
bryan441
Guide

1. Model no. shows WNR612.

2. Yes it is.

3. I did not reset the router because not only could I browse with my laptop but I could also browse with my mobile device.

By the way, I have setup my laptop, it is no longer a problem.

And thanks for your suggestion.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7