× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Constant Connection Timeout Error N300/C3000 Cable Modem Router

DnetG
Aspirant

Constant Connection Timeout Error N300/C3000 Cable Modem Router

I've been using the Netgear router (N300/C3000) for about 4 years and recently, about 6 months ago, its began to timeout. The error I receive on and off is below. Any suggestion on a fix? Thanks!

Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=b0:7f:b9:e0:22:f8;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:8b:f8:4f;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

usually means theres issues with your signal.

Log into the modem part and take a screen snip of your modem upload/download connections page. This shows us signal strengths and errors to see if its an issue with the line.

also remove any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators from your line. Prefereably move the C3000 to directly where the line enters the home so it avoids a damaged coax within the home causing the issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Log into the modem part and take a screen snip of your modem upload/download connections page. This shows us signal strengths and errors to see if its an issue with the line.

also remove any splitters, amplifiers, attenuators from your line. Prefereably move the C3000 to directly where the line enters the home so it avoids a damaged coax within the home causing the issue. 

Message 2 of 5
DnetG
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

Thank you for the response. There are no splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators on the line. It is also a direct line and the modem is about two feet from where the coaxial enters the home. I've had a Spectrum tech come out and inspect the line and of course that day the connection didn't act up and he simply tested the line for about 5 minutes and everything was okay. He suggested to replace the modem. Is that something that I should try? 

Also is this what you mean by "upload/download connections page"?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I put a link to what the modem connections page should look like. 

Message 4 of 5
DnetG
Aspirant

A tech came out and concluded that the signal was perfect. I replaced the modem. I believe that fixed the issue. Perhaps the modem was not able to keep up anymore. Thanks for your input. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7