Constant DNS Issues Since Firmware Update (WNR2000v3)

DirkFunk
Novice

Constant DNS Issues Since Firmware Update (WNR2000v3)

I've been banging my head against the wall on this one.

Ever since the recent firmware update I've been having constant issues with the WNR2000v3 that I didn't have before.

At first, I kept losing all internet connections (wired and wireless) every few minutes. To fix this, I did a factory reset of the router and everything was fine for awhile but now I get regular DNS problems throughout the day.

An example of this is last night, I was browsing the web on a laptop that is connected to the wifi connection on the router while another person was watching netflix on an Xbox. The laptop kept getting DNS errors and dropping connection while the Xbox kept streaming fine. I have another roommate who is using a wired connection to the same router who also gets these issues.

Is there something going on with this firmware or is there a way to downgrade back down to the previous version to test? Could we be maxing out the connections? With the issue last night the router showed 8 devices connected (4 wired and 4 wireless). In our place we could potentially have up to 10 devices using the connection at the same time when you include phones and and other wired devices behind a switch. They won't necessarily all be "active" at the same time but connected.

As I said, we didn't have any of these issues until I upgraded to 1.1.1.58 so I'm inclined to think upgrading the router wouldn't be the solution.

Anyone else having this issue or have any ideas?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Constant DNS Issues Since Firmware Update (WNR2000v3)

hard reset the router after flashing firmware. erratic behavior can fix with hard reset
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 8
DirkFunk
Novice

I already did this. It was after I did this that I started having the DNS issues. Prior to the hard reset I was just losing all connection every few minutes.

What is the next step? Downgrade and upgrade again?
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

if prior firmware still have an issues with it , I would contact support for bug report at my.netgea.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 8
DirkFunk
Novice

Got it.

My next question is what is the previous firmware version and how do I downgrade?
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Go to support. Netgear.com and get firmware
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 8
DirkFunk
Novice

Done. Let see how this works.

Thanks.
Message 7 of 8
Tav
Novice
Novice

I am having the exact same problem. Did you by chance solve it or get the firmware download to work? I keep trying to get the older version of the firmware, but the download refuses to complete.

Thanks!
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E