× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D6200 Firmware Upgrade Fail

Internetstuff
Aspirant

D6200 Firmware Upgrade Fail

I am attempting to manually upgrade the firmware for my D6200 modem router from 1.1.00.38 to 1.1.00.40. I am doing it manually as I do not have any internet access via this modem router. I have downloaded the 1.1.00.40 file from the Netgear www. When I UPLOAD the file, the progress bar completes but then it keeps spinning endlessly. I have tried many times with the same result. Suggestions please.

Model: D6200|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Internetstuff
Aspirant

Re: D6200 Firmware Upgrade Fail

I found the solution on another thread. Once the progress bar is full, you then reboot the modem router even though the icon above the progress bar is spinning. This step moved the installation on to the next stage. All good after that. 

The upgrade to .40 allows the VLAN to be set, so I  can now have NBN (Australia). 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] When I UPLOAD the file, [...]

_Which_ "the file" are you trying to "UPLOAD"?  The zip archive
itself (wrong), or the "D6200-V1.1.00.40.img" file which you extracted
from the zip archive (right)?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1981239

> [...] It was a Netgear Community discussion [...]

Thanks for the helpful link.

Message 2 of 4
Internetstuff
Aspirant

I am trying to upload the .img file as per the Netgear instruction.

Message 3 of 4
Internetstuff
Aspirant

I found the solution on another thread. Once the progress bar is full, you then reboot the modem router even though the icon above the progress bar is spinning. This step moved the installation on to the next stage. All good after that. 

The upgrade to .40 allows the VLAN to be set, so I  can now have NBN (Australia). 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7