× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D6200. WPD is not connecting. 403 error. Possible browser error or timing out.

kp36
Aspirant

D6200. WPD is not connecting. 403 error. Possible browser error or timing out.

D6200. WPS is not connecting. 403 error. Possible browser error or timing out.

Consequently the Brother printer is not connecting and I can't print.

The Netgear is running lastest firmware as at 19 Feb 2019.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
kp36
Aspirant

Re: D6200. WPD is not connecting. 403 error. Possible browser error or timing out.

Thank you for spelling out the information that would help you to help me.  As a first time user of this community I was not sure of how to get the ball rolling so thanks again for your detailed response. 

I have resorted to technical support via phone from one source and via remote login by the printer tech support team.  Unfortunately neither could resolve the problem although both helped ruling out some potential issues.  I have since called in a technician and been able to confirm that the printer's ability to communicate with WIFI is indeed the issue and so I am heading out to buy a USB cable.

Again, thank you for responding to my post.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies

If the basic issue is that you cannot connect a printer to the wifi, then the best place to start is probably at the printer end.

The usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Message 2 of 5
antinode
Guru

> The Netgear is running lastest firmware as at 19 Feb 2019.

As always, an actual version number would be more useful than your
opinion of what's "latest" today.

> [...] WPS is not connecting. [...]

Not a useful problem description.  It does not say what you did.  It
does not say what happened when you did it.  As usual, showing actual
actions with their actual results (error messages, LED indicators, ...)
can be more helpful than vague descriptions or interpretations.

> [...] 403 error. [...]

When you do _what_, exactly?

> [...] Consequently the Brother printer [...]

Not a very detailed description of anything.

> [...] is not connecting and I can't print.

If there's a firmware problem with WPS on your router, then you might
need to configure the printer's network connection in a more manual way.
Exactly how to do that might depend on which "the Brother printer" you
have.

Message 3 of 5
kp36
Aspirant

Thank you for your explanation, that helped me to better understand some of what is going on.  I managed to get Brother technical support to logon remotely and try to get it working, but it looks like I have to resort to a hardware fix of using a cable.

Message 4 of 5
kp36
Aspirant

Thank you for spelling out the information that would help you to help me.  As a first time user of this community I was not sure of how to get the ball rolling so thanks again for your detailed response. 

I have resorted to technical support via phone from one source and via remote login by the printer tech support team.  Unfortunately neither could resolve the problem although both helped ruling out some potential issues.  I have since called in a technician and been able to confirm that the printer's ability to communicate with WIFI is indeed the issue and so I am heading out to buy a USB cable.

Again, thank you for responding to my post.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7