D6300 Wireless Direction

dgrover
Aspirant

D6300 Wireless Direction

Does the D6300 need to face any particular way to obtain maximium range.
In orther words if I point face in direction of users will I achieve better range/speed.
Message 1 of 5
Killhippie
Prodigy

Re: D6300 Wireless Direction

I have mine with the routers back to 'users' and I get a great signal, I think as long as the back and front faces the direction of your 'users' it work very well.
Message 2 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Router should spread signal in Omini Directional , pattern like donut in horizontal spread so while unit is standing it should not matter .
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 5
dgrover
Aspirant

Killhippie wrote:
I have mine with the routers back to 'users' and I get a great signal, I think as long as the back and front faces the direction of your 'users' it work very well.

Thank's.
I have not pulled mine apart yet, but would think leads are running around rim, so should be favouring front/back.
But with multiple frequencies and radio's in it who knows.
And new beaming technology in A6200 firmware, Im getting confused on where signal path is these days.
maybe time to breakout the CRO and plot out a 3d signal path graph.
Gone are the days when i pointed a 16Kw transmitter in one direction and everybody recieved the signal.
Message 4 of 5
sabretooth
Apprentice

One thing that has worked for me is to get a cardboard box and line it with aluminum foil inside. I have my router inside this box as it faces the direction I want. It makes a one bar difference in signal strength with is about a 20% increase. Works for me.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E