Follower

DECT 6.0 phone interference

Today I installed an AT&T DECT 6.0 phone. I noticed a slowdown in my internet speed. I powered off the router to no avail. My status on one computer showed 16 MBPS vs. normal of 165. My other computer showed 1.6 vs. normal of 54. I unplugged the power from the phone base and everything returned to normal. I turned the phone back on and changed my channel from 11 to 10. This helped briefly but the problem returned. I changed the channel to automatic. The one computer is holding at 65 and the other at 48. Has anyone else experienced this? Any other suggestions? I'd like to get back to where I was. I want to keep the phone. It has great sound.
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: DECT 6.0 phone interference

It appears the phone is causing interferance move the base as far away as possible from the router. If still causing a problem you have several choices change to 2.4 or 5ghz or return the phone or see if it has an output adjustment level or a channel selection which I doubt.

Or run cat 5 as last resort.
Message 2 of 3
Novice

Re: DECT 6.0 phone interference

rsrino wrote:
Today I installed an AT&T DECT 6.0 phone. I noticed a slowdown in my internet speed. I powered off the router to no avail. My status on one computer showed 16 MBPS vs. normal of 165. My other computer showed 1.6 vs. normal of 54. I unplugged the power from the phone base and everything returned to normal. I turned the phone back on and changed my channel from 11 to 10. This helped briefly but the problem returned. I changed the channel to automatic. The one computer is holding at 65 and the other at 48. Has anyone else experienced this? Any other suggestions? I'd like to get back to where I was. I want to keep the phone. It has great sound.

I once had a dect 6.0 phone which interfered w/ wireless because of the power brick. It was some really cheap power brick... after changing it with a spare that had same V but higher mAH, everything was fine.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements