× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DESPERATE! NO WIFI because I Mistakenly changed routerlogin.net password and can't log in

MissMick
Tutor

DESPERATE! NO WIFI because I Mistakenly changed routerlogin.net password and can't log in

Subject says it all. How do I get out of this vicious circle? I STUPIDLY changed the password and now don't have wifi because I can't log in. Can't even fix this by using my iphone hotspot. Previously cleared cache and data according to Netgear instructions; didn't work.

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: DESPERATE! NO WIFI because I Mistakenly changed routerlogin.net password and can't log in

Did you try recoverying the password using password recovery? 

If that didn't work, you can always factory reset by pushing and holding reset for 7-15 seconds. 

Message 2 of 4
MissMick
Tutor

Re: DESPERATE! NO WIFI because I Mistakenly changed routerlogin.net password and can't log in

Thank you. I can't access the router admin panel because I can't access wifi; can't even do it via my iphone's hotspot. I  did the reset, and the window popped up asking for a password, but the one I entered apparently didn't work.

Message 3 of 4
MissMick
Tutor

UPDATE:FIXED Re: DESPERATE! NO WIFI because I changed routerlogin.net password and can't log in

UPDATE: after going around many times with router restart, etc., I finally was able to access wifi again and fix my problem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7