DG834 problem

cod7gba
Aspirant

DG834 problem

Hi

I've had a DG834 wireless modem/router for a couple of years and had no problems with it, used it with Ipods, Various Laptops, phones etc etc.

Recently I bought a Toshiba windows 7 laptop and connected to my wifi and within about 10 minutes it just kills the wifi on the Router. No other devices can connect via wifi - in fact you can't even see the SSID on the network, although it still continues to work wired.

The only fix is a repower of the device and disabling the wifi on the laptop. Both the DG834 and the Tosh are both upto date with patches and firmware etc. I've also tried two Laptops (my first had to go back due to a battery problem) and they both do the same thing!
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DG834 problem

possible bad power supply causing the wifi to fail or internal wireless is going bad.

try replacing power supply if you have spare to test with but otherwise unless you got other major channel interference with surrounding wireless, you may have bad unit
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 7
cod7gba
Aspirant

Thanks, think I'm going to swap the netgear for something else, shame because its been v.good up to now...
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

stuff is never last forever... lol

It will be help devices if you use APC Backup UPS or similar ...Smiley Happy
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 7
cod7gba
Aspirant

Very odd, it will work fine for months with any other device but within 10 mins of using the brand new toshiba, wifi stops working. Perhaps it's the laptop at fault?
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

sometime working with old 802.11g can be an issues with new 802.11N wifi adapter which are backward compatible with 802.11g router
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 6 of 7
cod7gba
Aspirant

... thanks - think you're right, time for a new Wireless Router I think Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E