Reply

Re: DGND3700 Q's

mergs
Tutor

DGND3700 Q's

I hope someone can answer these Q's. I just got this Modem Router today and noticed these things below...

* In the user manual, it states that you can add a service by going to 'content filtering>services'.

To create your own service definitions:
1. Select Content Filtering > Services to display the following screen:.

This link isn't here. Has this been left out on purpose? The add services for port forwarding and triggering are there. How do you add your own services if the link is not there?

* It also says in the manual that when there is wireless network activity, the wireless LEDS will blink for both 2.4 and 5GHz networks. However this does not occur. They both stay lit regardless of what's happening.

I have got the latest firmware so I am thinking its a couple of faux pas...
Comments please anyone?
Message 1 of 15
Ret_MSgt
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

Can you tell me where you purchased this from please? I have been to buy one since it was announced.
Message 2 of 15
JohnR
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: DGND3700 Q's

mergs wrote:
I hope someone can answer these Q's. I just got this Modem Router today and noticed these things below...

* In the user manual, it states that you can add a service by going to 'content filtering>services'.

To create your own service definitions:
1. Select Content Filtering > Services to display the following screen:.

This link isn't here. Has this been left out on purpose? The add services for port forwarding and triggering are there. How do you add your own services if the link is not there?



I believe you can define this on Block Services.
Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
Message 3 of 15
mergs
Tutor

Re: DGND3700 Q's

Ret_MSgt wrote:
Can you tell me where you purchased this from please? I have been to buy one since it was announced.


I got mine online from estore.com.au. about $200. But I think most places have got them now.
Message 4 of 15
Steve_Goodey
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

mergs wrote:
I hope someone can answer these Q's. I just got this Modem Router today and noticed these things below...

* In the user manual, it states that you can add a service by going to 'content filtering>services'.

To create your own service definitions:
1. Select Content Filtering > Services to display the following screen:.

This link isn't here. Has this been left out on purpose? The add services for port forwarding and triggering are there. How do you add your own services if the link is not there?

* It also says in the manual that when there is wireless network activity, the wireless LEDS will blink for both 2.4 and 5GHz networks. However this does not occur. They both stay lit regardless of what's happening.

I have got the latest firmware so I am thinking its a couple of faux pas...
Comments please anyone?



Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me. There also seems to be problems with some users where the thing disconnects from the broadband line and is then unable to recover without a reboot/reset. I get the feeling this router was rushed out without due care.

Lots of these seem to have been sent back from the postings I have seen. Some people are unhappy with comments saying the build of the unit is very flimsy considering the price. With Netgear calling it "Ultimate Integrated DSL Networking Gateway" I don't think so. 😞

Steve.
Message 5 of 15
mergs
Tutor

Re: DGND3700 Q's

Well that's one thing that hasn't happened to me thank goodness. Mine's been up for 8 days now and hasn't missed a beat. Hope I haven't jinxed myself now.:)
Message 6 of 15
sewercyde
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

Nothing but praise for the DGND3700 from me. Strong and reliable ADSL2+ connection. A few blackouts from storms here lately have been the only down times. The "create your own service definitions" as mentioned above, and the ability to filter domains and websites by MAC address are the only firmware omissions I have seen so far.
Message 7 of 15
keajra
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

Steve_Goodey wrote:
Unfortunately this doesn't surprise me. There also seems to be problems with some users where the thing disconnects from the broadband line and is then unable to recover without a reboot/reset. I get the feeling this router was rushed out without due care.

Lots of these seem to have been sent back from the postings I have seen. Some people are unhappy with comments saying the build of the unit is very flimsy considering the price. With Netgear calling it "Ultimate Integrated DSL Networking Gateway" I don't think so. 😞

Steve.


I'd second that had a DG834GT for six years or more and it's still going strong, bought a DGND3700 and the internet connection just keeps dropping off. If this continues mines heading back to the shop, for the money, it's not cheap and promises a lot however it the firmware is knackered the unit isn't worth a lot....
Message 8 of 15
Steve_Goodey
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

keajra wrote:
I'd second that had a DG834GT for six years or more and it's still going strong, bought a DGND3700 and the internet connection just keeps dropping off. If this continues mines heading back to the shop, for the money, it's not cheap and promises a lot however it the firmware is knackered the unit isn't worth a lot....



Hello, have you seen?

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=65870

Do you know, from the 3700 router status, show statistics, downstream noise margin, if the noise margin is dropping and causing the router to go offline? Would be nice to confirm if yours is doing the same as mine.

Steve.
Message 9 of 15
Treggie
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

Bought mine new this morning and spent 4 hours with the constant red-light dsl disconnect problem. Eventually spoke with a Telstra tech who recommended they implement Line Stability on my DSL connection.

6 hours later and no dropouts. ADSL 2+ connection prior to stability setting was connecting at 23000/1000, now I'm getting 17500/1000. Will leave this in place for the next week then get it removed and see how things go.

Had three previous modems - Netgear/Netcomm/Linksys, all without problems but really wanted this unit with the Gb ethernet ports and the Concurrent Dual Band WiFi. Hopefully there is some new firmware out soon to address this issue and I can remove the Line Stability "fix" and claw back the higher speeds.
Message 10 of 15
Joaoevora
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

I disabled traffic meter two days ago and have not had any Internet drop out, this is the first time since I bought the Dgnd3700 . Not saying that is the fix, wondering though if anyone else can try doing the same. 🙂
Message 11 of 15
Steve_Goodey
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

Traffic meter is disabled on mine, which I assume is the default so no help here I'm afraid.

Steve.
Message 12 of 15
Babbage
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

The traffic meter is enabled on mine, and my connection is stable at 16 Meg (twice the speed I was getting with my DG834GT, as mentioned here) so I'm pretty happy with this router now.

The only issues I have with it at the moment are the appallingly low speed of file transfers to \\readyshare and the fact that it is not re-connecting automatically after a power failure, which we've had a few of here recently.
Message 13 of 15
Ryster
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

If you're having problems guys, don't forget to report them. Netgear don't seem to visit these forums much, and they certainly never comment on stuff here.

Get your bug reports in officially at https://my.netgear.com for the best chance of them getting fixed. If you don't like the response of the first line tech support agent, or he/she fobs you off, ask to be escalated to level 2 tech support. They are much more helpful.
Message 14 of 15
xBLooDLiNEx808x
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Q's

* It also says in the manual that when there is wireless network activity, the wireless LEDS will blink for both 2.4 and 5GHz networks. However this does not occur. They both stay lit regardless of what's happening.


Both stay lit on my modem as well. I can't tell whether there is any wireless activity or not, it bothers me a little...:confused:
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 7746 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E