DGND4000 - option to disable wireless and services...

benclanford
Novice

DGND4000 - option to disable wireless and services...

Hi,

Just bought this to replace WNDR4500 and separate modem...need the plug socket for a home plug and though having one device for modem/router would be better!

I did like the option in the WNDR4500 to disable the wireless on the 5ghz network at certain times and dates, and also ports for certain IP addresses although these options are not available on new router. There are no services and the disable wireless is grayed out. Boy uses this for gaming and surfing and 9pm shuts off as bed and stops his phone from surfing!

Am I missing something? Thought ask as spent a couple hours setting up and upgrading and if not an option need to contemplate whether the homeplug is worth it?

Kind regards,

Ben
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGND4000 - option to disable wireless and services...

If you do not see it in GUI then don't have that support.

Not all router model has same features:)
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 10
benclanford
Novice

Hi,

The option is there for a second, then greys out before you can select it. It's also in the manual but I am unable to get this feature.

I also upgraded firmware to the non NA version as not in North America. Wondered if should try the NA version?

Does anyone else have this router and can they please look and try?

Kind regards,

Ben
Message 3 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

if you flash firmware then hard reset the router

If you are not in North American, do not use NA firmware
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 10
charm
Novice

hi

please don't upgrade firmware that's applicable for different country. You might end up "bricking" the router and won't have it functioning ever. You may do reflashing, that's when you put the same firmware version to your router. but first hand, please do power cycle to your router, if it still doesn't work, you may do hard reset.
it takes a valid connection to communicate
Message 5 of 10
benclanford
Novice

hard reset the router and still not able to turn off wireless by schedule. Appears for a second then greys out. Unable to select or add a schedule. Premium edition! I may stick with my n900...the 750 seemed ideal but basic and doesnt give me all the options. I know different devices have different options...but surely be able to have these basic functions? Anyone with the WNDR4000 router who has this option?
Message 6 of 10
charm
Novice

HI again!

Apparently, you will lose the connection at your scheduled time because boy is connected to that 5ghz connection.

I just wana make sure, why do you want to disable 5ghz and what is your main concern? I just want to understand it more 🙂
it takes a valid connection to communicate
Message 7 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

benclanford wrote:
hard reset the router and still not able to turn off wireless by schedule.

Revert back the firmware and follow with hard reset the router. If issues is the still the same, contact support directly via portal at my.netgear.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

June Mizoguchi-
Message 8 of 10
Killhippie
Prodigy

benclanford wrote:
Hi,

The option is there for a second, then greys out before you can select it. It's also in the manual but I am unable to get this feature.

I also upgraded firmware to the non NA version as not in North America. Wondered if should try the NA version?

Does anyone else have this router and can they please look and try?

Kind regards,

Ben

I had this router, the function from what I remember is to switch wireless on and off at certain times, not sure you can just turn off one frequency though. If its greyed out hard reset your router, reflash it with latest firmware, then hard reset it again. Then enter your details manually not from a back up. If that does not help contact Netgear or if you are within the allotted time get an exchange from where you bought it, as it should not be greyed out at all.
Message 9 of 10
benclanford
Novice

Thanks Killhippie,

I felt it should be there...won't let me choose either network to disable. Basically I wanted to switch the 5ghz off from 9pm till 6am. I can do this on my current N900 but wanted to rid of a modem and router and have one device. Dropping the wifi at 9 means the kids on their devices cant surf the net! This still leaves 2.4 for my phones if needed. Sometimes I don't get in till 10 and saves me worrying. Weekends are not limited and is a nice feature of these routers!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E