• 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

DLNA server lost with WNDR4300 in AP mode

Hi to all,

I have the following network map

Modem - WNDR4000 (router) - WNDR4300 (AP)
On the wireless side, WNDR4000 SSID's and channels are different from WNDR4300 ones.

When I use the follwing connection between the 2 netgear devices :

WNDR4000 LAN - WNDR4300 LAN : all my DLNA servers (serviio, synology, etc) are unreliable

WNDR4000 LAN - WNDR4300 WAN : all my DLNA servers (serviio, synology, etc) are working perfectly.

However the LAN to WAN connection is isolating WNDR4300 wireless network form WNDR4000 which make me lose contact with a wirless printer (when linked to WNDR4300)

Any clue to let me use the LAN to LAN connection while letting me also having relaible DLNA services?

Waitnig for your ideas, thanks
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: DLNA server lost with WNDR4300 in AP mode

Very possible firmware issues

Send trouble ticket to support via portal at my.netgear.com
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 5
Aspirant

Thanks, I did so.

However, while searching on the web, I found that DLNA services are using multicast. Does this add any hint on potential diagnosis?

Best regards
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have a similar problem. Here is my setup:
- main router is a WNDR3700v2 fw V1.0.1.14
- AP1 is a WNDR4300 fw v1.0.2.78
- AP2 is WNDR4300v2 fw v1.0.0.26
- NAS Netgear NV+ v2

Both APs are using the AP Mode so DHCP etc are automatically switched off and all clients connected to either one of the APs are on the same IP subnet naturally.. There are no communication issues, can ping between any clients or router/APs just fine.. Internet connection working OK.

NAS is wired to AP1 and clients connected to network through AP1 wired or wirelessly can find NAS as a DLNA device, and stream media from it. Any other client on the same network but not connected through AP1 can ping to NAS but won't detect it as a DLNA device, in other words UPNP is not working..

I tried connecting NAS directly to the main router or to AP2, outcome is same as above..

Any ideas?
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Can you provide the IP addresses of the devices connected of AP1, AP2 and the main router?
Message 5 of 5