Dragnet 5 issue with WNDR3700

Eric888
Follower

Dragnet 5 issue with WNDR3700

I have used my WNDR3700 with diffferent VPNs at home and have never had an issue until I joined Dell about a month ago.

I have a Dell Latitude E6420 with Dragnet 5 as the VPN.

My 3700 is set for wpa-psk authentication and tkip+aes encryption.

I have Time Warner cable. My 3700 is connected to an Ooma Telos box that is connected to my cable modem.

Initially, my Dell will see the wireless connection and show that it is connected.

The problems that I face are as follows:

1) Cannot usually connect to internet (even without connecting through VPN). When I execute the Windows Network Diagnostics, I get a "DNS server isn't responding" message. The wireless bars show that I have a signal and when I click on the bars, I get a "connected" message with 5 green bars. Oddly, my corporate Lync will connect to the network and I can use it to communicate with others in my corporate network. Sometimes, my wireless icon will show a "yellow bang" after trying to connect, but then this will usually go away.

2) Every once in a while, I can connect to the internet. I cannot explain how this occurs. I thought I had a way to duplicate this, but I do not.

=> usually, when I connect, and execute my VPN, I get an Error 868 message "The remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did not resolve." Almost always, I get a "yellow bang" on my wireless icon on my notebook. When I get a yellow bang, sometimes it locks up my network and others cannot use it until I power cycle my 3700.

=> occasionally, I will connect with my VPN. When I do, no one else on my network can get access. They get kicked off the network, or they cannot get in.

I am not really sure that this is a 3700 issue, but I wanted to start the discussion with some folks who are smarter than I am about this stuff to see if there are some other troubleshooting steps that I can take to narrow down the problem.
Message 1 of 4
Twinkill
Novice

Re: Dragnet 5 issue with WNDR3700

I had the same problem after I updated the FW of the router. The FW version that I'm using and I have the WNDR3700 V1, is 1.0.4.68NA. I started having the problem when I updated the FW to version 1.0.7, I was hoping the newer version 1.0.16.98NA would fix the issue however it has the same issue, so I've rolled the FW back to the old version.

I hope that helps.
Message 2 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Eric888 wrote:
I have used my WNDR3700 with diffferent VPNs at home and have never had an issue until I joined Dell about a month ago.

I have Time Warner cable. My 3700 is connected to an Ooma Telos box that is connected to my cable modem.

Initially, my Dell will see the wireless connection and show that it is connected.

1) Cannot usually connect to internet (even without connecting through VPN). When I execute the Windows Network Diagnostics, I get a "DNS server isn't responding" message. The wireless bars show that I have a signal and when I click on the bars, I get a "connected" message with 5 green bars. Oddly, my corporate Lync will connect to the network and I can use it to communicate with others in my corporate network. Sometimes, my wireless icon will show a "yellow bang" after trying to connect, but then this will usually go away.

2) Every once in a while, I can connect to the internet. I cannot explain how this occurs. I thought I had a way to duplicate this, but I do not.

=> usually, when I connect, and execute my VPN, I get an Error 868 message "The remote connection was not made because the name of the remote access server did not resolve." Almost always, I get a "yellow bang" on my wireless icon on my notebook. When I get a yellow bang, sometimes it locks up my network and others cannot use it until I power cycle my 3700.

=> occasionally, I will connect with my VPN. When I do, no one else on my network can get access. They get kicked off the network, or they cannot get in.

I am not really sure that this is a 3700 issue, but I wanted to start the discussion with some folks who are smarter than I am about this stuff to see if there are some other troubleshooting steps that I can take to narrow down the problem.

If you are able to use a router without this third party VPN service then likely that third party VPN has involved in loosing local internet access.

Have you discuss with the service support people?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 4
madhatter
Apprentice

Eric888 wrote:

You should configure your wireless for WPA2+AES
1xRBR50 1xRBS50 2xRBS40
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E