Highlighted
Aspirant

Dual speed router seen in Genie but not broadcasting the 5.0 2.4 working well

Anyone have a suggestion for this particular problem?
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Dual speed router seen in Genie but not broadcasting the 5.0 2.4 working well

Hi @Lchurch,

Welcome to the community!

Kindly check for the 5Ghz LED on the router. If it's solidly lit in blue, it should be broadcasting the signal. By the way, which 5Ghz are you referring to? Is this the main 5Ghz or on the Guest network side? In any case, I suggest you check if SSID broadcast is turned on by accessing the router page. Make sure that you specifically look for the 5Ghz settings (page 26-28). Let us know what happens.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Dual speed router seen in Genie but not broadcasting the 5.0 2.4 working well

Thank you Elaine but I am still not broadcasting the 5 GHz! I have a steady blue light--always had and the SSID broadcast is on! What a mystery! Any other ideas????

Thank you Laurie 

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Lchurch You are welcome. If reflashing the firmware and resetting the unit will not work, get a replacement.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Dear Elaine,

I tried everything. I upgraded the firmware and did a factory reset twice, no luck. Do you initiate the replacement or I? How do I provide this conversation with you and our attempts to fix the problem?

Thank you for your time. It has been a learning experience for me and Netgear has done so much work,  to teach us non techy's about this techy stuff!

Now I want to buy a new cable modem  as advertised on the Netgear website. I need one compatible with Frontier Communication, who bought out ATT Uverse.

That is my next project to work on!

Sincerely,

Laurie

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Lchurch Please contact our Technical Support hotline and they will be able to assist you on this. Refer them to your open case number 25524758.

Regards,

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements