Re: Dyndns and server connection through router

Funkster75
Aspirant

Dyndns and server connection through router

I´m new to this product, and have earlier been using a Zyxel router.
Due to change of ISP I bought this router and have with my zyxel router been able to setup my dyndns account and router so that I can connect from outside my lan to my Netgear readynas duo.

Got my netgear router and updated the firmware. Then on setup I opened NAT, disapled SIP Alg, typed default DMZ server to be the lan ip of my NAS and reserved to mac adress of the nas to that lan ip.
Then walked through to the anvanced setup and the dynamic DNS. Typed my adress and my login and password.
Then thought that everything would be allright, but I couldn´t connect.
Started to search google and read a lot of posts but none have helped me to get outside access to my server.

Can anyone help me? Starting to think about returning the product, due to this frustrating problem - so I hope somebody can help med out!
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you already have DYNDNS account then it should be simple as type in info and should update on dyndns account with correct WAN IP

To me sounds like broadband and router is not setup correctly

See router reset on my sig below
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 4
Funkster75
Aspirant

Thanx for the reply.

I had no trouble making a hard reset on my router.

After the reset I connected to it and typed in the settings for the wireless, the dyndns account and the dmz server being the NAS on 192.168.1.2 and opened the NAT.
Still I get no connection from outside my lan to the server or my dyndns hostname at all.
I have updated my IP on my dyndns account and it match my external IP.

I forgot to tell you that I have a modem from my ISP and after that my router is connected. My external ip is: 95.154.41.XXX and according to my router the WAN ip is 172.27.117.X
To I need to make a static route or something?
I talked to my ISP and they said that there should be no firewall in my modem and it should be wide open.

What do I do next?
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

bridge mode the broadband modem/gateway unit if this is DSL services and using PPPoE and/or consult your ISP for the best way to pass the traffic correctly
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation