× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX2700 Not getting desired Speed

Jmdrmomma
Initiate

EX2700 Not getting desired Speed

Just upgraded my router and had it installed to give better performance. In the far reaches of the house I want to continue to use the router extended but it’s not giving the desired output. I’m only able to ping 30 mbs but the router gives 700mbs. Is there a way to get better performance from this model?
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

No. Sadly the EX2700 is a base model N300 device. 

And 2.4ghz is slow. If you look up testing on 2.4ghz N300 devices, you're hitting roughly the peak that they hit. 

If you're needing faster speeds, I'd look at the tri-band line of extenders

EX7500, EX7700, EX8000, and the RBS40V (it has an extender mode)

Standard single/dual band extenders take a 50% speed hit off of what they recieve. The tribands still take a little speed hit but not the 50% of single/dual band. So you get better speeds/lower latency because they have a dedicated backhaul. 

But again, if you're testing 2.4ghz, its going to be slow. 

Message 2 of 4
Jmdrmomma
Initiate

Thank you it should be 5 GHz but I’ll look at options
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you're looking, watch amazon for the RBS40V. Its an orbi satellite but has extender mode. And its triband. And because for some reason they sell it for pretty cheap for what it is. Maybe because of the integrated alexa? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7