× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6110 Country Confirmation for 5Ghz

Blueblood
Follower

EX6110 Country Confirmation for 5Ghz

I want to buy a EX6110 extender. But at first i want to know about the country version for 5ghz connectivity.

I have a TP Link router (US version). In addition I bought a TP Link Extender (UK version). Both of them were in Automatic channel, but due to being different country versions (US and UK), the extender could not find 5Ghz ssid. The only way the extender found 5ghz was through changing the channel in the main router. Now the problem is once i changed the channel my Samsung mobile cannot find the 5Ghz ssid anymore, but other devices can. So later I bought another TP link extender (US version). Now both the router and extender worked perfectly finding both 2.4ghz and 5ghz ssid in automatic channel mode. As a result all my devices including Samsung can now find both 2.4ghz and 5ghz ssid. But unfortunately the extender got damaged.

So now my main question is if my current TP Link router (US Version) will work with the attached Netgear EX6110 extender without changing the channel. I mean is the EX6110 version is US or such a version that will find my 5ghz SSID of US version tp link automatically without channel?
Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7