× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EZ2700 doesn’t connect

Skrillz
Follower

EZ2700 doesn’t connect

I have seen other people have this problem, but none of the solutions have worked for me, I will copy paste one of them since they explain it perfectly.
Extender is 2 feet away from my router.
When I plug in the extender, the Power and WPS buttons light up (fyi - no other lights are on. The first few times I tried to reset everything, Device light was lite, but now it doesn't turn on).
Smart Setup loads, and I enter my credentials.
The message says "The Extender can not connect to the router" then followed by another screen "The Extender was not able to connect to your existing network." It lists my Network credientials and everything seems right. Security Protocol: WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
I continue and it applies my settings. Then I encounter 2 issues:
it either kicks me off the extender and closes the set up window
OR it shows a screen saying "connect any wifi enabled device like you would connect them to your main network, using the credentials below:" The wifi strength is strong, but I can tell I no longer connected to my extender wifi. I try to connect another device to my extender wifi and nothing happens. I select "click to continue button after you connect your wifi device" but nothing happens. Throughout this entire process only the Power and WPA lilghts are on.
since i'm kicked off, I have to do the entire set up all over again with no success.
The solution to this was “plug in an Ethernet cable and try” I have tried that did not work, it doesn’t work when I try do it on my phone either, and I have tried to restart my internet along with my extender for nothing to work.
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: EZ2700 doesn’t connect

I don't know where you copied it from but it wasn't a very that good of one you should copy it. And if its the exact same issue, what fixed it for the other person? 

What router are you connecting it to? 

Did you try using wps? 

Or did you try the installation assistant? 

If you set it up using the push button WPS option then factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7