× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Email notifications of firmware updates

bmomjian
Guide

Email notifications of firmware updates

What do I need to do to make sure I get email updates about Netgear firmware updates?  I did not get notification of the GS108E 2.06.10 that came out a few weeks ago.  I have checked my spam folder.  I am worried I unsubscribed to email a while agol.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

If you sign up to receive alerts from MyNetgear, you will receive alerts for your registered devices. However, these can take months to appear.

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Switches - NETGEAR Communities

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies

If you sign up to receive alerts from MyNetgear, you will receive alerts for your registered devices. However, these can take months to appear.

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Switches - NETGEAR Communities

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
bmomjian
Guide

Where do you sign up for alerts?  I don't see that option anywhere here:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/portal/myProducts.aspx

I would like to receive updates rather than having to check periodically   I used to receive updates but have not for a while.

Message 3 of 5
bmomjian
Guide

I just wrote  a cron script that checks the firmware website every night and reports anything new.  I might have unsubscribed from firmware udpates when I unsubscribed from other Netgear email a while ago, but since you said there can be months delay in the emails, the cron check seems like the best option.

Message 4 of 5

@bmomjian wrote:

I just wrote  a cron script that checks the firmware website every night and reports anything new. 

Good thinking. I use software that monitors websites for changes.

It even comes in a free version:

WebSite-Watcher Free - Monitor websites changes  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7