× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extenders 6100 show but not access point on my computer

indylove1
Aspirant

Extenders 6100 show but not access point on my computer

I recently updated to a new modem. On my work laptop, the extenders show, but the access point does not. When I tried to manually connect to the network with the network name, it says it's already there. I'm guessing because the information is there for the extenders to be working. How do I get the access name to show or should I not worry about it since the extenders are working?
Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Extenders 6100 show but not access point on my computer

I guess I'm a bit confused. You're using extender and access point in this. But have only said you have the ex6100

What is what? Do you have another device and if so what is it? 

A little better description of your setup and whats actually going on could help us 

Message 2 of 4
indylove1
Aspirant

Ok, maybe I'm saying it wrong. So when you setup your name for your Wifi, I was calling that the access point. I put extenders upstairs because on the old modem, the signal wasn't the greatest. I kept the name and password the same so my extenders automatically worked and didn't have to be setup. For example, say my Wifi name is Dancemom and the extenders names are Dancemom1 and Dancemom2. My laptop doesn't pickup Dancemom as it originally did. It only picks up the 1 and 2.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

what router are the extenders connecting to? 

You have 2 of the ex6100"s?

are they setup using a wired backhaul or acting as wireless extenders?

Did you daisy chain them or are they connected both to the router?

What firmware is on the extenders?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7