× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

External Antenna for AirCradle

Schuwi
Aspirant

External Antenna for AirCradle

I'm using the DC112A Smart Cradle in combination with the external MIMO antenna from Netgear. I was looking for an external antenna to gain a better signal. I tried the FTS 96117 antenna, but the signal strength and speed was not better than the existing little MIMO antenna. When I confronted FTS Hennig I was told that no external antenna would work with the existing DC112A as this device only supports 800Mhz. I was surprised because the FTS 96117 was a multiband antenna which should cover also the 800 Mhz. Now my question: has anybody experience with a stronger antenna (to be mounted on my balcony, distance to the sender is approx. 1.2 Km) than the Netgear and which is compatiblw with the DC112A Cradle?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Model: DC112A|AirCard Smart Cradle
Message 1 of 2

Re: External Antenna for AirCradle

@Schuwi wrote:

I'm using the DC112A Smart Cradle in combination with the external MIMO antenna from Netgear.

That's not one of the General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi) devices covered in this section. You might get advice from an owner of that sort of thing over in the section where they discuss those devices.

That's probably here:

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

Those things are very different from the standard Netgear routers covered in this section.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7