× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Facing weak Wi-Fi signals issue.

rickwalston
Follower

Facing weak Wi-Fi signals issue.

Hello.., dear community! I have issue facing weak signals or sometime it does not connects (Signals not available). Although the device is connected but still broswer kept loading but loads nothing. I did some hacks changing channels several times but did not worked for me. Someone, please guide me how to get the issue fixed. 

Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Facing weak Wi-Fi signals issue.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What devices are you connecting?

Is this seen on both wireless and wired devices? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 4

@FURRYe38 has suggested how to tackle your router, but be warned that the WNDR3400v3 has its origin in 2010, and is several generations of wifi technology behind the latest. Even when you undo the changes you made, modern wifi clients may not perform as well as they could with a  more modern router

Message 3 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

I agree with the two previous posts, that router is a little bit old. Maybe you can consider buying something newer. I mean you can still use that router as an access point if you need to extend your wifi to parts where your primary router doesn't reach. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7