Factory reset won't work

mpaularena
Follower

Factory reset won't work

I've been trying to restore my router to the factory settings for hours now. I've tried holding down the reset button from 10sec to a full minute. I've used the instruction manual to reset it; but no matter what I do, the default name and password won't work when I try to log onto 192.168.0.1, its default access.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 9
sabretooth
Apprentice

Re: Factory reset won't work

Try 192.168.1.1.
Message 2 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

with power connected press reset for 30 seconds remove power while still pressing reset for 30 seconds reconnect power while still holding reset for 30 seconds if that still doesn't work repeat and try holding reset in with no power connected and keep pushing reset in and out while pushing on and off button if router has one The goal is to bleed off any power left in the caps on the board which router is this .. your never mention the model #
Message 3 of 9
rahulnabir
Tutor

I am facing same problem .reseting isnt working ..plz help ..my router is - netgear sky broadband
Message 4 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

Disconnect every thing from the router and try.

Message 5 of 9
rahulnabir
Tutor

I hv tried this way .but not working . plz help me Smiley Sad ..is there any other way ??? My router model is DG834GT .. Is there any other way ??? If I open its cover , which wire sud be cut n fixed again ?? Plz help me Smiley Sad please
Message 6 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

First thing to check is,  is the reset switch in working order?

Message 7 of 9
cejones1927
Aspirant

@Retired_Member, I pressed the factory reset button (FRB) for 30 seconds, disconnected the power supply for 30 seconds, and reconnected the power supply while continuing to hold the FRB for an additional 30 seconds - still no luck. I also tried the method of toggling the FRB/power button as suggested for about 15 seconds - still no luck.

I posted my own thread with more specifics on my situation: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Wireless-N-Routers/Unable-to-Restore-WNR2000-v4-to-Factory-Settings/td-p/1185496. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Model: WNR2000v4

Firmware: unknown (unable to even ping/connect to the router)

Message 8 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Replace it!

Power LED Stays Amber

When the router is turned on, the Power LED turns amber for about 20 seconds and then turns green. If the LED does not turn green, the router has a problem.

If the Power LED is still amber 1 minute after you turn on power to the router:

1. Turn the power off and back on to see if the router recovers.

2. Press and hold the Restore Factory Settings button to return the router to its factory settings.

For more information, see Factory Settings o n page 136.

If the error persists, you might have a hardware problem and should contact technical support at www.netgear.com/support.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements