× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Failure to Detect adapter

SmithRN
Aspirant

Failure to Detect adapter

Windows 10

The adapter worked on the PC.  I inadvertantly selected the Netgear software in Control Panel when I intended to uninstall the software above Netgear.  I didn't catch it in time to stop the uninstall.  

I have since tried to reinstall the software from a copy of the CD on my PC and from the actual CD.  I have uninstalled the software, shut down the computer, brought it back up and installed the software again, multiple times.  It will not detect the adapter.  I have even deleted the install folder from the program files folder so there would be a clean install - no help.

The adapter had been on another computer in my office, also on Windows 10,  so I inserted it back into that computer and the adapter was recognized immediately and connected to the internet.  Hence, the adapter appears to function properly.  

What do I need to do to clean up whatever is preventing the detection so I can use the adapter again.

Thank you.  

Model: WNA3100M|N300 Wireless Mini USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Failure to Detect adapter

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Wireless Adapter products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with wireless adapter products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/bd-p/home-wifi-adapters

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7