Re: Firmware 1.0.1.18: Can't get DHCP from modem

nicely
Tutor

Does anyone from Netgear have an ETA on a fix?
Message 26 of 29
Cpfms
Apprentice

Just spoke with Alex from Level 2 support and he basically said if this affected you then your hardware is defective and needs to be replaced. However, unless you are still inside your 90 day warranty period they will not be replacing the defective units and you will need to go out and buy a new one yourself. Well my next router d@mn sure won't be a Netgear, I'll tell you that. Not to mention we had to play phone and email tag for weeks just for him to tell me they aren't going to do jack to make this right. 

Thanks for nothing. 

Message 27 of 29

Support contacted me and said it was a hardware issue. They agreed to exchange the router and initiated the RMA. My router was less than 1yr old so it was still under the hardware warranty. I should get the replacement in a couple of weeks I guess.

Message 28 of 29
steakhouse
Tutor

@AwsmSpaceMonkey wrote:

Support contacted me and said it was a hardware issue. They agreed to exchange the router and initiated the RMA. My router was less than 1yr old so it was still under the hardware warranty. I should get the replacement in a couple of weeks I guess.

The same here. I was also contacted by support and can return my defective R6400 to get it replaced.

Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 23 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements