× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Firmware 1.0.2.80 has issues related to repeater function

ansumanbehera
Aspirant

Firmware 1.0.2.80 has issues related to repeater function

After upgrading to 1.0.2.80, the wireless repeating function is missing from the advanced options. How can I get this functionality back?

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ansumanbehera The only way to get it back is to go back to that firmware version.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10

All Replies
mediatrek
Virtuoso

What model product are you talking about? Besides the firmware version, providing the model# of the product would be helpful for starters.

Message 2 of 10
ansumanbehera
Aspirant

Sorry. Should have mentioned. The model is WNDR4300. Any help on how to get the repeater function back with this firmware would help a lot

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-routers/wndr4300.aspx 

Message 3 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ansumanbehera The only way to get it back is to go back to that firmware version.

Regards,

Message 4 of 10
ansumanbehera
Aspirant

Thanks. That was the only way I could get the function back and I had to downgrade to a very old version .40

Message 5 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ansumanbehera That's right. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Have a great day!

Message 6 of 10
ansumanbehera
Aspirant

I would really appreciate if the firmware can be upgraded to the latest version as remaining on lower versions exposes me to the security flaws fixed in later versions. Why can't an upgraded firmware version be provided where the repeater functionality is also present or the only way the developers can fix those security issues is by removing the repeater feature?

Message 7 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ansumanbehera Due to wireless vulnerability, they decided to delete repeating function cause of the type of wireless security (WEP) that can be used. That's also why upgrades will no longer include Repeating functionality.

Regards,

Message 8 of 10
Maddog24
Aspirant

That's a really poor answer. Somehow your competitors are able to keep this function on their newer firmware releases.
My guess is Netgear just doesn't want to go through the small effort to implement the change.
Message 9 of 10
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

NETGEAR is using WDS technology and that's why it's limited to WEP type of security.

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7