Highlighted
Novice

Firmware Release Notes v1.0.0.48

Where are the release notes located for fw V1.0.0.0.48?

Thanks
Message 1 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Firmware Release Notes v1.0.0.48

Fix the security issue from ISE (CVE-2013-3069~3074)
Fix the security issue from shadow file blog (GUI access without auth)
Fix the GUI error message WPS in progress, please try again later" issue.
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Where is this available?

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNDR3800

shows Firmware Version 1.0.0.44 as the latest.
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Just login to your router GUI, and it'll notify you of the update. Interesting they did this for an end of service router, but I'm OK with that!
Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

TrevorK wrote:
Just login to your router GUI, and it'll notify you of the update. Interesting they did this for an end of service router, but I'm OK with that!

Interesting... I would like to know how this works out for those who upgrade. Mine is now using DD-WRT.
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

I guess many of us still using this router are familiar with all the crappy (hardware?) firmware versions and don't even bother to upgrade to the latest version as it will most likely cause new issues. Would of course be nice to know if someone actually found this version much better than the V1.0.0.38 (a version that most think is pretty stable).
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Virtuoso

WNDR3800 Firmware Version 1.0.0.48

Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with “wired” or Ethernet connection only.

Bug Fixes, New Features and Enhancements:
•Fixed the security issue from ISE (CVE-2013-3069~3074).
•Fixed the security issue from shadow file blog (GUI access without auth).
•Fixed the GUI error message "WPS in progress, please try again later" issue.

Known Issues:
•Time Machine function limitation: Only support “GUID Partition Table” and “Master Boot Record” in partition table format. We don’t support “Apple Partition Map” this format.
Workaround: When you choose the partition scheme of your USB disk, please don’t select “Apple Partition Map” this format.
◦For Non-journal system, support Time Machine backup size up to 1 TB.
◦For Journal system+ MBR partition table, support Time Machine backup size up to 800 GB.
◦For Journal system+ GUID partition table, support Time Machine backup size up to 500 GB.
◦We suggest customer to use the new USB disk to do time machine backup. If customer uses the USB disk which already include the old Time Machine backup file,
WNDR3800 might need spend some time to scan/valid the old backup file is ok to be used or not.

•Traffic meter - Traffic volume control is not accurate due to sampling rate. It may exceed the limit.
Workaround: Set a proper number in “Mbytes before the monthly limit is reached” in the traffic control.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24363
http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNDR3800
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

mik407 wrote:
I guess many of us still using this router are familiar with all the crappy (hardware?) firmware versions and don't even bother to upgrade to the latest version as it will most likely cause new issues. Would of course be nice to know if someone actually found this version much better than the V1.0.0.38 (a version that most think is pretty stable).

I personally don't think the problem is with the hardware as mine is working great now since switching the firmware to WW-DRT.

If how they handled the WNDR3800 is indicative to how they manage and maintain the firmware for their other hardware I don't see how they can attract repeat customers?

I am not sure I will ever buy NetGear again!

I only wish I had tried DD-WRT before shelling out another $200 for a new ASUS Router, but then it is running great on each and every firmware they release.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Aspirant

Will this release fix the issue this router has with blocking IP addresses that begin with "5"? :confused:
If not, I see no reason to update from v38.
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements