Firmware Upgrade Problem

ONTHEGRID
Follower

Firmware Upgrade Problem

I have been using my N600 WNDR 3700 router successfully for a year and a half. The problem is I can't seem to upgrade the firmware from V1.0.4.68NA to the latest version. I've tried having the router fetch the firmware directly from the Netgear site as well as download the file and have the router attempt to fetch it directly from my computer. Neither method works. Also, when I try to have the router download the firmware directly from the Netgear site, it says it’s not connected to the internet even through it is. My ISP is Comcast. Any help to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 3
Scubbie
Apprentice

Re: Firmware Upgrade Problem

I had an issue downloading a firmware from the Netgear site in the past (for the DGND3700). It was resolved by me using a different router.

Could I suggest the you try one of the following:

Message 2 of 3
    Simon0
    Novice

Re: Firmware Upgrade Problem

They may have disabled the automatic d/l & installation of firmware, perhaps it caused "automated bricks" Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Anyhow, just manually d/l the firmware and install it via the WebGUI.

In the past I even bricked one WNDR3700v1 even installing manually.

I suggest reset to defaults, reboot, install updated firmware, reset again, and another reboot, just to be safe.
    Message 3 of 3
    Top Contributors
    Discussion stats
    • 2 replies
    • 0 kudos
    • 3 in conversation
    Announcements