Highlighted
Aspirant

Firmware version 1.0.0.44

Can anyone find release notes? I am not one to update blindly (especially since 1.0.0.40 has worked flawlessly).
Message 1 of 10
Highlighted
Novice

Re: Firmware version 1.0.0.44

If you download the .zip archive, the release notes are included along with the binary.
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Virtuoso

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/Disclaimer.aspx?redirecturl=http://netgeardownload.registria.co...[sku]=wndr3800&download_url=http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3800/WNDR3800-V1.0.0.44.zip

unzip and read HTML file.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Aspirant

Ahhhh..... Ok. Here's for anyone else interested.

Bug Fixes, New Features and Enhancements:
•Fixed the issue that when android devices in sleep mode might cause router connection issue.
•Fixed the issue that router don't support Up to 300Mbps wireless mode for Korea region.
•Fixed the issue that router can't support 3TB USB disk well in DLNA function and ReadySHARE FTP protocol.
Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Luminary

TrevorK wrote:
I am not one to update blindly (especially since 1.0.0.40 has worked flawlessly).

I wish more people gave as much thought to updating firmware as you have. Of course, if I had something working flawlessly I wouldn't update. If you do decide to take a chance, see my signature for one method for doing the update properly.

The firmware can be directly downloaded from here.

MD5: 4A791D61F837266A0E6F85D54C00A7E6
SHA-1: 19131906336DB9CF5167169B98EA946A668B3C83

Bug Fixes, New Features and Enhancements:
    _____
    WNDR3700v1 (v1.0.7.98NA) - Router uptime (d:h:m:s): 1155:02:31:46 - How To Check and Change Your Router's Firmware: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=63234
    Message 5 of 10
    Highlighted
    Virtuoso

Please post your experience with this version in this thread.

Aloke
    Waiting to hear from others before taking the plunge.
    Message 6 of 10
    Highlighted
    Novice

I have been using the new firmware for 2 days now and I do not have any issues with it. My home has 2 Samsung TV's, a Roku, a Wii, a laptop and a PC all of which are connected wirelessly and do quite a bit of streaming.

I went from the .38 firmware directly to this .44 release using the preferred firmware update procedure, which is;

Overall, I am very happy with the router and this firmware release.
    Message 7 of 10
    Highlighted
    Aspirant

Updated despite having NO issues at 1.0.0.40. Happy to report NO issues at all with 1.0.0.44. Good stuff! This forum is rather quiet these days, so hopefully everyone is good & satisfied! Smiley Happy
    Message 8 of 10
    Highlighted
    Aspirant

I updated to 1.0.0.44 on my WNDR3800 after experiencing numerous drops and hangs with the connectivity. At first, it appeared that all was well and just as I was about to become completely satisfied Smiley Happy I started to experience the same problems. The one difference is that if I waited long enough connectivity would restore itself whereas before it would simply hang, i.e. Wifi signal strength, AP association, etc. were all good but no connectivity to the WAN. Thus, I was about to roll with this as an acceptable improvement. Then, the next day the problem became worse. The hangs would last thirty minutes or more. Using a Wifi analyzer on my tablet I noticed that the signal would fade and sometimes drop off completely. At this time my tablet would switch to my carrier's 4G and then as the Wifi signal would slowly climb to to its usual level in my office (about -35 dbm) the tablet would switch over to Wifi, a moment of hang time, and then the audio stream would return. I tried changing settings, disabled the guest network which was supporting two legacy bridges and a Nintendo DS that could only handle WEP, and finally rolled back to 1.0.0.38. Rolling back didn't gain anything and I decided to return to 1.0.0.44. Then, I began to look at what was different in the connected devices. Two devices had appeared on the network that had not been on when I first rolled up to 1.0.0.44---my two grandsons' iPods running iOS 6. They have returned home from their visit and amazingly my network is now stable again and this is with a MacBook Pro on the network. It is interesting that these devices could create such havoc to where I saw the WiFi signal degrade and restore. Presently, the signal is solid and there hasn't even been any channel switches as there were before.

Consequently, I believe that 1.0.0.44 is a good build. However, I will say I am still watching with a bit of reservation. I am considering two options now. The first is to move the iOS devices onto the guest network. I am not sure if this will provide sufficient radio isolation as it will all still be within the same router. The second option is to stand up my old WNDR3700 in AP mode and let it handle all the iOS devices. I do not believe that this is a problem that NetGear needs to address in their firmware unless there is something that can be tweaked but that would be at that risk of breaking something that now seems to be working. It would be far better to pursue Apple and perhaps get them to address the issue. My network is not the only one experiencing this problem. I also support a similar network that is half way across the world----same problems and interestingly two iPhone 4S devices are on the network. When the iPhones are out and about the network is stable after a router reboot.

That's another interesting anomaly. After the iOS devices have departed the network sometimes it takes a router reboot. Other times it does not but latency and throughput appears to be affected.

These are observations I have made with some testing. I hope to test more later this week.
    Message 9 of 10
    Highlighted
    Virtuoso

I use 1.0.0.38 with iPhone5, iPad3, iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch (2nd gen) and son't see any such problems.
    Message 10 of 10
    Top Contributors
    Discussion stats
    • 9 replies
    • 0 kudos
    • 6 in conversation
    Announcements