From Wireless to Wired

Onlyarethusa
Aspirant

From Wireless to Wired

I moved my main computer to another room and added a wireless card to it, using that to connect to the internet.  It always gave me a choice of which network to use: The password protected network or the Guest (non-password protected) network.  Then I moved the computer back into the room where the Wireless modem lives, removed the network card from the computer, and attached the computer via ethernet cord.  But now I can't find the password protected network, which is a problem, because I have my wireless printer set up to print from the password protected connection.  This computer won't print now.  The password protected connection shows up on the other two computers in the house, just not this computer, which is the "mother" of the other ones; meaning this is the main computer and the others are networked into this one.  

I've tried a few things to get back the password protected network to show on this computer, but so far nothing has worked.  My router is N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router model WNDR3700v4.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm not a geek but I'm not a newbie either.  I've set up everything computer-based in this house, including the network.  The problem is, I don't know how exactly how I do what I do, if that makes sense.  

Denise

Message 1 of 4
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: From Wireless to Wired

you said you removed the adapter and connected via ethernet cord. 

did you connect back the adapter to connect to that password protected network?

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 4
Onlyarethusa
Aspirant

I put the network card (which I identified as the adapter, but it was a card I installed into this computer and then took back out) into a different computer.  The network card is no longer in this computer.  I hope that makes sense.

Message 3 of 4
doraemon
Prodigy

how do you expect to see the password protected network on this computer if it doesn't have the wireless adapter?

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements