× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frustrated with RBR50/RBS20 /RBS50 ORBI and the app

mxw128
Follower

Frustrated with RBR50/RBS20 /RBS50 ORBI and the app

I'm so frustrated with this router and the app. It is extremely flaky and somewhat unstable.  I frequently drop wifi/internet, almost as if the router reboots.  Devices don't always show up in the app.  I'm running the latest firmware (2.7.2.104) and from the numberous posts I read it seems that the only way to restore functionality (like getting all the conencted devices showing up ) is to reset to factory defaults and start again.  Which means that I lose all my work in naming the various devices in th app.  I can't sort by IP or MAC address to find an unknown device which is also extremely frustrating.  The app is currently showing 3 devices conencted... yes 3... I have about 40.  Im starting to think I made a mistake spending the money I did on the Orbi system (it was NOT cheap).  When is Netgear going to get on the ball and deliver some software and firmware that actually works?   

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Frustrated with RBR50/RBS20 /RBS50 ORBI and the app

the .104 firmware version seems to have some issues. What I'd try doing is go in and disable daylight savings time and the traffic monitor. then reboot the device

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7