× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS724TPv2 PoE+ Rebooting

TAndrews
Aspirant

GS724TPv2 PoE+ Rebooting

My customer is using the GS724TPv2 to power 4x PoE+ devices.  The logs show the PoE+ ports rebooting rapidly.  We normally see this when a switch only offers PoE when the PD requires PoE+.  But I've checked his settings and they appear correct to me.  Am I missing something about the PoE+ configuration for these switches?

Screenshot 2021-10-18 111809.pngFailure Logs.png

Model: GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports
Message 1 of 4

Re: GS724TPv2 PoE+ Rebooting

@TAndrews wrote:

My customer is using the GS724TPv2 to power 4x PoE+ devices. 

You won't find many people who understand that hardware in this section, which is for "General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk and Non-Orbi)".

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Discuss Ethernet Switches Plus and Pro Managed

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
TAndrews
Aspirant

Thank you for your help.  Apologies for posting in the wrong place.

Tyler

Message 3 of 4

@TAndrews wrote:

Apologies for posting in the wrong place.

Not your fault. This place is a mess.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7