Highlighted
Aspirant

Getting Airprint to workfrom an IPad

I have a Brother MFC-845CW wireless printer that I can't get to function as if it were an AirPrint printer. I can print to it wirelessly from a Windows 8 laptop but can't from two iPads. The iPads, the Windows laptop, the printer and other items appear in the NetGear Genie map.

When i attempt to print something from either iPad it shows the Brother printer name in the list and when I click the word Print it seems to want to do it but nothing happens. It doesn't even show up in the Windows See Whats Printing list.
This is one of the major reason I chose the 4720 but have tried many things and nothing works. Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Re: Getting Airprint to workfrom an IPad

Just to verify, only the iPad is the only one having issues with your printer? Please try to set the printer to print only and see if it will work.
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Does the printer (wirelessly assume) , Laptop (wirelessly) and iPad all using same band? either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz ?

If PC and printer is on 2.4ghz but iPad is on 5Ghz it may have some issues. Seen people complain communication between across the bands
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I, too, have the same problem with Brother HL 2270DW printer. On the Iphone when I select print and the printer was listed but i said not compatibale. I thought the WNDR4700 airprint would make any printer compatibale with airprint? any one has any solution for this? i don't want to buy another printer just cause of this.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements