× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Got a new modum, now no internet?

Justkristina
Aspirant

Got a new modum, now no internet?

I have a WNR2000v4 that hasn't given me any problems before. I just got a new Arris TC1682 modum, and now my router won't work. All the lights came on, and it starts normally, but on wifi devices I am getting error messages that either the internet is too slow, or the IP failed to connect. Plus, on my laptop, the LAN line won't connect. I called my cable company, they see no problems with the modum, and that it is turned on to bridge, so they say it is the router, and I am on my own.

I tried unplugging and restarting everything multiple times and tried putting it back to factory settings. For a while I was getting the LAN connection, but from there I can't access the routerlogin.net. says the sites DNA address could not be found.

Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Justkristina
Aspirant

Re: Got a new modum, now no internet?

Well, I fixed it.

After installing the new-new modem, I saw that by phone could detect the wifi and could configure it (something that wasn't an option before). That allowed me to access the genie, which walked me though some troubleshooting, because it still wasn't 100% working. After a few more reboots, I was able to get wifi again.

I am thinking the "new" modem was the problem and then with the replacement it was able to work. Thanks for all the help! I'm not touching either device again!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
Justkristina
Aspirant

DNS, not DNA. Sorry. Auto assume gets you everytime!
Message 2 of 10
William10a
Master

reboot the both the modem and router this should clear the problem.

Message 3 of 10
Justkristina
Aspirant

I did that no less than 10 times. Still no luck.
Message 4 of 10
Justkristina
Aspirant

Ok. So I reset the modum and I was able to get the LAN line to work. But wifi is still out. I did the 30/30/30 reset and no luck. Right now my internet light is solid amber, which means that the IP address has not been acquired.

I have tried logging in to routerlogin.net multiple times, in all its various forms, and I am not able to access it. I feel like if I could get into that, I could reset the router settings, but so far - nothing.

Please help.
Message 5 of 10
William10a
Master

@Justkristina wrote:
Ok. So I reset the modum and I was able to get the LAN line to work. But wifi is still out. I did the 30/30/30 reset and no luck. Right now my internet light is solid amber, which means that the IP address has not been acquired.

I have tried logging in to routerlogin.net multiple times, in all its various forms, and I am not able to access it. I feel like if I could get into that, I could reset the router settings, but so far - nothing.

Please help.

So if you connect a computer to the  modem via a lan cable do you have the internet and at the speed you pay for?

You can do a ipconfig to see what ip address the router of the router is now may been changed some how.

Hard to beleive that the router just started to have problems and  just die now when the modem was replaced. 

Message 6 of 10
Justkristina
Aspirant

Yes. I even got a new modem today. I get internet just fine through the LAN via the modem. Now I am getting the internet through the LAN via the router, but no wifi.

The little IP light is amber.

I can't access the routerlogin.net, even with the new modem.

I tried the IP config, and put that new number on. Still nothing.
Message 7 of 10
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Try logging into the router with 192.168.1.1 and see if it lets you log in.

Message 8 of 10
VE6CGX
Master

How about trying after resetting the router(hit the reset button)?

Message 9 of 10
Justkristina
Aspirant

Well, I fixed it.

After installing the new-new modem, I saw that by phone could detect the wifi and could configure it (something that wasn't an option before). That allowed me to access the genie, which walked me though some troubleshooting, because it still wasn't 100% working. After a few more reboots, I was able to get wifi again.

I am thinking the "new" modem was the problem and then with the replacement it was able to work. Thanks for all the help! I'm not touching either device again!
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7