Re: Help For The Ignorant (Me)

crimedogg
Follower

Help For The Ignorant (Me)

I am having issues with my home network. My router is a RangeMax WPN824 v3. My system was installed by a home theater company 3 years ago and they are no longer in the residential business. I have slightly above average knowledge of networking, but I really don't want to screw anything up as my entire home audio/video system as well as my wireless internet hinge on me fixing this properly. A few weeks ago, my wireless touch panels would lose the connection and I would have to unplug the router and plug it back in to reconnect the panels. My wireless internet started dropping shortly thereafter and would immediately reconnect after I unplugged/replugged the router. Nothing in my home or electronic setup has changed, so I am almost certain replacing the router would fix my issue. Anyway, I am having issues finding the exact router WPN824 ve in any stores. Is there another model that would be an exact replacement or even a slight upgrade in performance? It would be best if I could use the back-up file from the current settings on my existing WPN824 v3. Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.
Message 1 of 2
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Help For The Ignorant (Me)

reset the router will be first thing I would do.

see router reset on my sig below
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos