Re: Hey NETGEAR Admin — What is does LB1120 Software Update Do?

JasBro
Tutor

Hey NETGEAR Admin — What is does LB1120 Software Update Do?

Why doesn't ANYBODY from NETGEAR respond to a simple question?

My LB1120 says there is a software update — but NOWHERE can I find any clue as to what it does or why it was issued.

The 90-day support policy is one thing. In this day-and-age of weird hacks, not informing users of the reasons for updates is unacceptable (as is non-response or forcing payment to answer basic questions).

Model: LB1120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 3

@JasBro wrote:

Why doesn't ANYBODY from NETGEAR respond to a simple question?

What is your simple question? Hard to unravel amid your rant.

You want to know about firmware for your device and what to do with it?

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

You can find the model number on the label on the device. Read the manual.

If that doesn't answer you, then you will have to make your question even more simple.

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk). (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 3
JasBro
Tutor

Mikey,

"Rant?"  Nice 'guru' talk! 

My 'simple question' is embedded in the heading of the post! It seemed to me to be pretty simple with no 'unraveling' needed. My query was posted months ago (in several spots), following the Dashboard notice of this firmware update. Others have posted similar concerns and questions. Repeated attempts to raise any response from NETGEAR went unanswered. 

If you followed your own 'advice' you'd quickly realize that it is worthless. Don't provide 'advice' if you're not certain it is accurate (especially when you're being smug and snarky). The NETGEAR site states that there is no update! Nothing. Zip. Nadda. Of course, one can sign up for support paying essentially more than the purchase price of purchasing a new device (with a whopping 90-days support)! Both my Orbi(s) and LB1120 are out of warranty. The NETGEAR site essentially tells me to go pound sand.

By the way, this technically isn't a moblie router as it requires an AC/DC power supply in order to work — it isn't mobile. I've been told by NETGEAR staff that while it is a 4G LTE modem, they don't consider it mobile. I followed NETGEAR's online advice on where to post as this isn't a Nighthawk device.

I finally just called NETGEAR hoping that someone would help without charging me a hefty support fee. Surprisingly, I was quickly and politely helped  — at no charge. I also pointed out the lack of online reference to the firmware update or installation instructions. The technician said he would be sure to pass that information along. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E